This is for all of you who have been searching for a ranked list of AP tests in order of difficulty to help you gauge which tests to take/self-study and which tests to avoid. I've taken a few of these as classes and a few of these as self-studies. This ranking is based solely on my own personal experience taking each of these tests and how difficult or not so difficult I thought they were.
Things to keep in mind:
- The tests that I self-studied are in bold and the tests that I took the class for are not. This should help explain why some things are ranked the way that they are.
- The tests that are in grey are links to pages that should help advise you on how to study for or prepare for the corresponding test. The ones that do not have links are the tests that I took during my sophomore year (Psychology, US History, and Statistics), and I don't have any information posted for those here. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions though.
- If you're looking for more exam preparation resources, check Amazon!
If you would like more information on a certain test (or if you are looking for review resources), feel free to just click the link that will take you to the blog post (excluding Psychology, US History, and Statistics).
Otherwise, feel free to just contact me! I'd love to answer any questions you may have.
Ranking of AP Tests
- Environmental Science
- Human Geography
- United States Government
- Language and Composition
- World History
- Comparative Politics
- Literature and Composition
- Physics B
- Physics C Mechanics
- Calculus BC
- US History
- European History
- Computer Science
- Art History
- Physics C Electricity and Magnetism
Want to view the original blog post with all of its comments? Click here!
Please note: this AP test ranking is only based upon the tests I have taken, and how hard I think they would be/were to self-study or take the class. This may not be the same as what you will experience in studying for or taking these exams.